Glaucoma is a condition characterized by high pressure inside the eye. This pressure can damage the optic nerve. Left untreated, it can lead to permanent blindness. Regular eye exams are important, as there are no early symptoms or pain involved. Come and visit Northport Vision Center LLC located in Northport, AL today and get your eye checked.
There are usually no symptoms with the early stages of glaucoma. The first noticeable sign may be the loss of peripheral or side vision. If you have any of the symptoms mentioned below, seek immediate medical attention.
• Seeing halos around lights
• Loss of vision or blurred vision
• Red eyes
• Nausea or vomiting
• Eye pain
• Tunnel vision
• Eyes that look hazy
According to the Glaucoma Research Foundation:
• Glaucoma is the leading cause of
• There is no cure (yet) for glaucoma
• Everyone is at risk for glaucoma
• There may be no warning symptoms
Our eye exams include